Types and features of TV stand
On the one hand, buying a TV is a pleasant undertaking, but on the other hand, it brings some hassle. For example, there is a need to purchase a TV stand. This product must be multifunctional. It not only fulfils its direct task but also makes it possible to store useful little things, for example, disks, etc. It is important that the stand, like all other furniture, is of high quality. What should you pay attention to when choosing it? What are modern TV stands?
Classification and varieties
All existing stands or TV stands are divided into several types. The parameters for separation are design features, the material used for manufacture, functionality, and much more. There are several examples.
The first example is a tabletop TV stand. For their manufacture, a combination of metal and high-quality plastic is used. Such designs are extremely lightweight. Despite the apparent external fragility, they are very durable. The desktop stand allows you not only to mount any TV size, for example, securely, Samsung or LG with a diagonal of 65 inches, but also to hide the wires. Usually, tabletop structures are equipped with special magnetic mounts that ensure the stability of the equipment.
Next is the floor TV stand. The material for their manufacture is chipboard or MDF, glass, wood, etc. When choosing a floor structure, you must remember the size of the TV. It should be attached as firmly as possible.
One of the varieties of floor stands is a pedestal on wheels. Its main advantage is the ease of movement around the room. To change its location, it is enough to make a few simple movements.
Another type of floor stands is a chest of drawers. It has not only a place for a TV but also shelves with drawers. There you can conveniently place speakers, disks and other necessary things. This design is rightfully considered universal.
There are also pedestals. This is a piece of furniture that is equipped with a bracket.
The design has many advantages:
- The TV is located above the surface.
- It is possible, if necessary, to change the angle of rotation and tilt of the screen.
- The uprights with the bracket are safe. The equipment is fixed on them so securely that it will not fall even if the stand is touched and pushed.
Modern TV stands can be suspended. They are wall-mounted and often have additional sections. This is a great option for those looking to save space. However, such products also have one significant drawback - they are unlikely to be able to withstand large TVs. For example, all the same Samsung or LG 65 inches, as in the photo, they will not hold. Such wall mountings are considered unsafe.
Corner stands are also a winning option. They will harmoniously fit into small rooms. Constructions of this type differ from others only in their form; in terms of functionality, they remain the same. The corner stand can have additional shelves and other elements.
Other selection criteria
Another parameter for dividing the stands into types is the material for their manufacture:
- Glass TV stands have a rather unusual appearance. They have their own advantages and disadvantages. The latter include high cost and low strength. That is why glass structures are not recommended for large TVs.
- Wood products have a high level of strength and long service life. They could be called universal if not for the need for special care and fear of moisture. This also includes the high cost.
- The plastic stands are easy to care for. However, they are not as strong as wooden ones. In addition, they are unstable against mechanical stress.
- Metal structures are considered the most durable and practical. For example, a metal stand for a Samsung or LG TV, as in the photo, will be able to support a product with a large diameter and weight.
In order not to be mistaken with the choice, you need to follow a few simple tips:
- It is better to choose products from trusted manufacturers.
- It is recommended to buy a stand at a furniture store.
- Do not take a product covered with a film. This coating can hardly be called strong and durable.
- Before you go to the store, you need to decide in advance on the design features of the stand, the material from which it should be made, the preferred appearance and dimensions.
There are many different TV stands available. They can be angled or wall-mounted, with casters or tabletop, glass or wood. Each of them has features, advantages and disadvantages that you need to know before purchasing.